Apple Product Recalls & Free Repair Programs For Mac
Apple Products Defects & Repair ProgramIf you are having problems with your iPhone, iPad or MacBook, you might be interested in the latest recalls and the (mostly free) repair program from Apple. Be aware that Apple will not always carry out repairs for free. Unless they specifically recall it, they may ask you to prove that the problem is NOT due to misuse.
- iPhone 6S – Battery Shutdown
- iPhone 6 Plus – Multi-Touch Issues
- iPhone 6 Plus – iSight Camera Replacement
- 2013 Mac Pro – Broken Video Card
Apple Accessories Issues & ReplacementsThe following accessories are also covered under product recalls:
- Faulty iPhone and Mac Chargers This applies to all faulty wall chargers included with some iPhones and Macs, but only to the plug adaptor that attaches to the main charger. The recall applies to devices purchased in Europe (except for Ireland and the UK), New Zealand, Australia, South Korea, Brazil, and Argentina. Take your charger to an Apple store to see if it is eligible for replacement
- USB-C Charging Cables – MacBook pre-June 2015 Any MacBook purchased before this may have a faulty USB-C charge cable and it is eligible for a free replacement. Take your cable to an Apple Store to check if it is but you will need your proof of purchase.
- Beats Pill XL Speaker – possible fire hazard All Beats Pill XL speakers have been recalled because of possible battery overheating issues. Apple is not offering any replacement as the product is no longer for sale. They offer a full refund instead via a postal-only program, so contact Apple for details.